Archive for the ‘ Homologacion de titulos-Canada ’ Category

Finding Jobs at Canadian Company Websites

Canadian Company websites are among the best sources of  noth american job listings, especially if you know what companies you are interested in working for. You can go directly to the source and search for and apply for jobs online directly on many company websites. At most company sites, you can apply for all level positions online – from part-time hourly jobs to top management positions.

Employers ranging from  Bell Phone  to Hudson Bay chain  have jobs online, so does the government (both federal and Provincial), non-profit organizations, and schools.

Getting to the Company Website

There are several ways to find company websites:

Check Company Profiles – these company profiles have career and employment information for many top employers.
Try the Company Name – Many large companies’ URLS are the, so that’s a good option to try.
Google the Company Name and Jobs – Enter the company name plus jobs, such as Zellers or Canadian Tire  jobs, in Google’s search box and the jobs section of the website should be among the first results.
•Check .Jobs – Companies are using the .jobs extension to direct job seekers directly to their company information. Enter or search for “” to see if the company you’re interested in is using it.
•Use Canada Look Up – Job search engine reverse L ook Up searches just for jobs on company web sites.

How to Search Company Websites

Jobs are typically listed in the Careers section of the employer’s website. Job and Career information may be in a seperate section (Careers) or could be under the About Us section.

Just about every company has detailed employment information including job openings, an employment application, company locations, benefits, and how to apply online.

Careers Section

The following information is typically available for job seekers:

•Career options and career paths
•Current job openings
•Job search system
•Job application forms
•Benefits information
•Diversity information
•College recruiting information
About Us Section

The About Us section of employer web sites is is useful for finding out about the company history, financial stability, products and services, management, as well as information about the company culture and how you will fit in.

Apply for Jobs

When the company lists jobs on its website, you’ll find instructions for how to apply for open positions. The job application system will step you the process of applying.

Find More Company Information

Don’t stop there. Use the websites that provide company information to further research the company and to find connections who can help you get hired. Those sites include:
• Linkedin
• Facebook

No Job Listings?

If you’re not able to find job listings on the company website, and you may not because not all employers list job openings online, use the job search engines to check (search by company name) for job openings at your employer of interest.


Marisol Diaz  is  an experienced workshop presenter, specialized information publisher, and  a SOHO specialist. She also  has been writing on Canada settlement and  immigration law since 2006. contact her @ You can improve your Canada job search through the   Canadian database  for Int’l  Professional or Hineni CED ,  a Paid Content   or Informational Services site run by Hineni Media.

Canada Business Class Immigration

Skilled Workers(SW):

There are three ways to immigrate under the Skilled Worker category:

1. An arranged employment offer with a Canadian company, approved by the immigration authorities
2.For students or temporary workers legally residing in Canada for a period of at least one year
3.For specialists with at least one year of full-time work experience in a profession corresponding to the list of occupations outlined by the government of Canada.

Entreprenuers/ Businesspersons

This particular category is applicable to persons who have experience in successfully conducting a business in their home country, possess the necessary funds, and are planning to acquire an existing business in Canada or start a new one.

Main requirements for the principal applicant under this category are:

•Demonstrate business experience – this means that the principal applicant has at least 2 years of experience in owning and managing a business and has employed a minimum of five people on a full-time basis

•Have a personal net worth of $300,000 CAD ( legally obtained and free of liabilities)

•Comply with the conditions of the immigration visa (applicable to this category of business immigrants) for the first three years in Canada


This particular category is for candidates who are self-employed in such fields as art, sports and farming. This immigration category was specifically devised by the Canadian government to attract artists, professional athletes, as well as to stimulate agricultural development.

Persons interested in immigrating under this category have an opportunity to take an exploratory trip to Canada in order to research conditions and possibilities for starting a business. Such trips are encouraged by the government and provide an applicant with additional points upon the assessment of the case.


Currently, there are two types of immigration programs for investors in Canada: the federal program and the program ran by the province of Quebec.

The investment must be made prior to receiving the immigration visa. In the case that the application for permanent residence is declined, the investor has 90 days to claim the invested sum and receive a full refund. A full refund of the investment is guaranteed by the government of Canada. The funds are invested for a period of five years and are returned to the depositor without interest after that period; the government has full discretion in managing the funds.
Individuals applying under this category must have a minimum net worth of $800,000 CAD that was legally obtained and is free of liabilities; they must be prepared to make an investment into the Canadian economy in the amount of $400,000 CAD. Additionally, the following requirements must be met:

•An investor must have experience in owning and managing a business

•An investor must have experience in managing no less than five employees

•An investor must confirm in writing the intention to invest at least $400,000 CAD by transferring the funds to the Receiver General or show documentation to prove that such an investment has already been made. makes it easier to find out which companies may have received money under the Provincial Nominee Program. 

For any other  further details, please contact us at

Marisol Diaz has been writing on legal research and Canada immigration law since 2006.

NOTE: No attorney/client relationship is formed through the submission or viewing of this article. This article is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. The facts of every case are different and individualized advice should be sought from an attorney before proceeding with any case.

How to Immigrate to Canada Through Employment

There are a limited number of ways to immigrate to Canada. The most common way is still through a family category( getting married or being spouse of someone that applied and is resident or a citizen) . The second most common way is through employment.  ( company transfer, job offer or work internship)

One of the most recent common paths to residency that does not involve immigrating through a family member is from student to TW (temporay work)  to SKV (skill worker visa)  to permanent resident. It is important to understand that employment based permanent residency is for a job in the future. In other words, this is a prospective position. This means that there are cases where an employee may work for other employers while a different employer petitions for their residency.

Different Employment Categories

There are a variety of different employment categories under which a person may seek residency. Briefly they include:

1st: Priority workers – Aliens with extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics; outstanding professors and researchers; multinational executives and managers.

2nd: Members of professions holding advanced degrees or aliens of exceptional ability.

3rd: Professionals, skilled, and other workers.

4th: Special immigrants.

By far the most common categories utilized by intending immigrants are the second and third preference categories. With limited exceptions the employer will have to test the Canadian job market to show Canada Human Resources that there are no qualified Canadian workers available for the position in the geographic area of employment.  Most  Canadian citizens or lawful permanent resident are authorized to work. Individuals on non-immigrant visas are not considered “Canadian workers” for the purposes of the test of Canada Human Resources or the labor market.

The employer will have to run ads in a variety of media such as newspapers, journals, internet job sites, state job banks, etc. These ads have a limited shelf life and, assuming that no qualified Canadian worker comes forward, the employer will have to file a request for job offer with Human Resources in under consecutive or at least 180 days from the date the first ad was placed or the employer will have to run the ad again if it is needed to satisfy their burden under the law.

Once AEO is filed Human Resources  will certify the case, deny the case, or audit the case to make sure that all the appropriate steps were followed.

Assuming the case is verified and certified the employee can begin the immigrant visa process with Canada Immigration Services. This is where the category of employment is important. The availability of visas for each category fluctuates and  Canada Immigration must be reviewed to determine the appropriate path for the next step.

Marisol Diaz has been writing on legal research and Canada immigration law since 2006.

NOTE: No attorney/client relationship is formed through the submission or viewing of this article. This article is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. The facts of every case are different and individualized advice should be sought from an attorney before proceeding with any case.

How to Get Professional Licensure, Accreditation, and Certification in Canada

Canadian Qualifications Recognition / Determining the Equivalency of your Foreign Degree

Recognition of foreign credentials is a challenge for all professions in Canada. There have been many articles in newspapers and magazines on how various professions and trades deal with credentials obtained outside Canada. Hineni Media’s office frequently receives calls from prospective employers, and from job seekers, asking about the equivalency of foreign credentials.

In Canada, professionals such as engineers, doctors, dentist, pharmacist, lawyers and teachers must be licensed to practice in their profession. It is illegal to hold oneself out to be a licensed professional without approval from the appropriate regulatory body.

Canada does not have a national system of institutional accreditation; rather, education falls within the jurisdiction of the provincial governments.

Each regulatory body assesses academic credentials and professional experience in order to determine whether a candidate meets the requirements for licensure. Some regulators have other requirements as well. For example, in addition to academic and experience requirements, the Professional Engineers of Ontario requires applicants to be Canadian citizens or permanent residents, be at least 18 years of age, be of good character and to have successfully completed a Professional Practice Exam.

We develop an Fast Track Individual Accreditation Help Plan and  Fact Sheets, where you gather the necessary documents and information, and we arrange for translation, complete application forms to initiate the application process, and pay the application fees on behalf of the applicant. In most cases, the application process can be expedited by developing the Accreditation Plan and applying for licensure before the applicant moves to Canada.

Why Accreditation?

Accreditation assures within and outside of Canada that the school’s programs are delivered by qualified faculty and are up-to-date. A degree or other credential from an accredited school or program can help make you more competitive on the job market.

Once You are in Canada

Foreign professional credential recognition in Canada is a territorial and provincial responsibility. However, the federal government has taken on a “facilitative role” in response to the difficulties migrants have faced in the past after migrating to Canada.

Newcomers to Canada can also turn to the Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO), which helps internationally trained individuals find the information they need to get their credentials assessed and recognized more quickly. Established in 2007, the FCRO provides information, path-finding and referral services to help internationally trained individuals use their skills in Canada. There are now 320 Service Canada centres across the country offering in-person services to newcomers.
Contact us now for info-assistance with your application or Guide to Professional Accreditation

Scholarships, Internships and Employment Resources in Canada

The “Servicio de Prácticas en Empresa” (Enterprise Internship Service-ETSI-) promotes and manages all matters relating to the internships of students and graduates in enterprises and institutions. It provides for two types of internships: Mode I. “Internship in exchange for credits”, and Mode II. “Work Internship”.

 Companies interested in collaborating with our ETSI through internships or job offers should contact Hineni Media

More detail here


Título es el documento de carácter oficial acreditativo de la completa superación de un ciclo de estudios oficiales, incluido en su caso el período de prácticas necesario para su obtención, expedido por la autoridad competente de acuerdo con la legislación de la provincia a cuyo sistema educativo pertenezcan dichos estudios.

 La homologación de títulos extranjeros de educación superior supone el reconocimiento de la equivalencia de un título extranjero respecto de un determinado título oficial canadiense vigente con validez en todo el territorio nacional. Implica el reconocimiento del grado académico de que se trate, y conlleva el reconocimiento de los efectos profesionales inherentes al título canadiense de referencia

Títulos susceptibles de homologación

Los títulos extranjeros cuya homologación se solicita deben cumplir los siguientes requisitos:

  • Tratarse de títulos expedidos por una Universidad o centro de educación superior extranjero.
  • El centro expedidor del título debe ser oficial o estar debidamente autorizado conforme a las disposiciones legales, reglamentarias o administrativas del correspondiente Estado.
  • Si los estudios se han realizado total o parcialmente en un centro extranjero ubicado en Canada, dicho centro debe estar debidamente autorizado para impartir tales estudios por la Administración educativa canadiense competente, ya que es ley canadiense sobre creación y reconocimiento de universidades y centros universitarios.
  • Los títulos obtenidos deben tener validez oficial en el sistema educativo del país al que correspondan. Se entiende que tienen validez académica oficial los títulos extranjeros que sancionen grados académicos de educación superior integrantes de un determinado sistema educativo y los reconocidos como equivalentes a aquéllos por las autoridades competentes del país de que se trate.
  • El título debe avalar unos estudios efectivamente cursados conforme al sistema educativo del país que lo expide. No es aceptable, a efectos de su homologación en Canada, un título extranjero obtenido por homologación, convalidación o reconocimiento de otro título obtenido en un país tercero, ni los títulos obtenidos mediante pruebas de nivel, sin haber cursado estudios.
    Debe existir suficiente equivalencia con el título canadiense de referencia, tanto en el nivel académico al que corresponde, como en la duración y contenidos de los estudios requeridos.
  • La homologación ha de solicitarse con referencia a un título universitario oficial canadiense vigente e implantado en los niveles de Diplomado, Ingeniero Técnico, Arquitecto Técnico, Licenciado, Ingeniero, Arquitecto o Doctor ,etc ,etc.
  • Los estudios o títulos obtenidos en el extranjero no serán objeto de homologación a los diplomas o títulos que las Universidades, en uso de su autonomía, pueden establecer conforme a lo dispuesto en las leyes canadienses de Universidades.

Mas? Registrase en