Archive for the ‘ Informacion Juridica-Canada Immigration-Employability Workshops ’ Category

Canada: Immigration Through Employment

Permanent Residence through Employment
(Permanent Residence in Canada)

The CiC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada ) has developed a points system that determines the quota or number of visas that are allocated to a particular preference category. This points system was developed to give an order to the way CIC approves applications each year and creates a difference in the application process by category.  This category includes:

* Foreign national Professionals with a bachelor degree who do not qualify for a higher preference category.
* Foreign national Skilled Workers with a minimum of two years training and experience.
* Other Workers and Unskilled workers requiring less than two years of higher education (including Live-in Domestic Workers). Tons of ladies enter and reside in Canada through this scheme.

Who Can Apply?

Professionals without an Advanced Degree*

*It means an university degree, such as a master’s or doctorate, that is higher than a bachelor’s.

* You must hold a Foreign Equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor Degree. No advance degree is necessary and the Bachelor’s degree must not necessarily be in the field of the offered employment.
* (OR) You must hold a Degree that is normally required for this profession so it could be acredited.
* If so, you must be in the position to prove that you are recognized as a professional of that profession.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved by HRDC that proves that no other qualified Canadian workers are available for that employment position and the wages and working conditions offered will not adversely affect those of similarly employed Canadian workers.

Skilled Workers
* Skilled workers are those working in a specific field that requires certain skills and who have had at least two years of training or experience. This classification does not include temporary or seasonal employment.
* You must have evidence of two years of training or experience. This may be met through relevant post-secondary education.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* You must be filling a position that requires 2 years of training or experience.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved by HRDC ( Human Resources Development Canada )currently known as AEO approval from Service Canada).
* Academic Credential Evaluations may be required in certain cases.

Unskilled Workers

Live-In Domestic Workers
* You must have at least one year of experience as a household domestic worker.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved HRDC.
* Your employer must prove that your employment as a live in household worker is a “business necessity”.

Other Workers
* You may have less than two years of training or experience.
* Your job does not require two years of training or experience.
* You must have completed your training for the job prior to starting the permanent Residence application process.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* You must be ready to wait a longer time for your visa due to the long back-log of applications already filed under this category.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved HRDC. However HRDC aproval is generally not made available for the list of jobs listed below called certain occupations in the ocupational national job list.
* Complete list of  Natianal Occupations

How do I Apply?

There are 3 general steps in the application process for lawful permanent residence for skilled workers. The first two steps must be initiated by your potential employer, and the last step by you and your accompanying relatives. The application procedures may be carried out either within Canada at a CIC office, or abroad at the Canadian offices or consulate of your country of residence.

* The first step involves your employer who files for a HRDC job offer approval on your behalf. The reason that you are required to do this is so that the  Canadian Government can confirm that there are no qualified Canadian citizens available and willing to take the specific job that has been offered and that the working conditions and wages offered for the position will not have an adverse effect on Canadian job labor market. Therefore, you will be working with both CIC and Human Resources Development Canada.
* If the HRDC job offer approval is approved, you will then have to prove that you are qualified for this particular visa. Your employer will then file an Skilled Immigrant Petition for  Foreign Worker.
* If the Petition is approved, you will then file a formal request for lawful temporary or permanent working visa or permanent residency application. This process can take place from the Country of Residence at the Canadian consulate or from within Canada.

There are several factors that could impact the time it takes for the application to be approved. These factors may include, but may not be limited to: (a)Using the correct procedures when filing each type of application; and (b) quota availability. For example quotas are set by both visa type and by country, so, the country you were born in can also impact your timing.

What do I do Now?

* Get the answers you need with our Self-Help Canada immigration Kit.
* Read more information on eligibility requirements.

Marisol Diaz
Settlement & Integration Resources Publisher/Int’l Employment & Career Columnist.
She has been writing on legal research and immigration law since 2004.

NOTE: No attorney/client relationship is formed through the submission or viewing of this article. This article is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. The facts of every case are different and individualized advice should be sought from an attorney before proceeding with any case.

El matrimonio entre un ciudadano canadiense y un extranjero

El matrimonio entre un ciudadano canadiense y un extranjero


Los extranjeros que deseen contraer matrimonio en Canqada podrán celebrarlo con arreglo a la forma prescrita para los canadienses o cumpliendo la establecida por la ley personal de cualquiera de ellos.La solicitud ha de realizarse por ambos solicitantes, que han de comparecer conjuntamente ante el Registro Civil correspondiente al domicilio de cualquiera de ellos (city Hall).
Es necesario que aporten la siguiente documentación:
· Certificación literal de nacimiento de ambos, expedida por el Registro Civil correspondiente al lugar de su nacimiento.

· Certificación de empadronamiento o residencia acreditativa del domicilio de los dos últimos años.

· Una instancia firmada por los interesados. · Declaración jurada o afirmación solemne del estado civil de los solicitantes.

· Fotocopia del documento identificador: ID, pasaporte o tarjeta de residencia.

Además, si alguno de los contrayentes se encontrara en alguna de las siguientes situaciones deberá aportar también:

1. Los menores de edad:
· Si son mayores de 16 años en la certificación literal de nacimiento debe constar nota marginal de la emancipación.
· Si son mayores de 14 años y menores de 16, deben obtener previamente la dispensa judicial.

2.Los divorciados o anulados de matrimonio anterior: Certificación literal del matrimonio anterior, con anotación marginal de divorcio o nulidad. Las sentencias de divorcio dictadas fuera de Canada necesitan el Exequatur de las mismas.

3. Los viudos: Certificación literal del matrimonio anterior y certificación literal de defunción del cónyuge anterior fallecido.

4. Los extranjeros deben aportar también certificación de inscripción consular, con expresión del domicilio, tiempo de residencia en Canada y lugar de procedencia del mismo. Además, deberá acreditarse si la Ley personal de su País exige la publicación de edictos al contraer matrimonio civil en Canada. En algunos casos es necesario aportar certificado de capacidad matrimonial.

5. Los asilados, refugiados políticos o solicitantes de asilo o refugio, deben aportar certificado  del A.C.N.U.R. (PIF en canada), o de la Cruz Roja Canadiense, o de otro organismo competente, con todos los datos personales de los interesados acreditativo de su condición de tales.Toda la documentación que no sea Canadiense deberá traducirse por traductor jurado y legalizarse (tanto la original como la traducción) por el Consulado respectivo y/o el Ministerio de Asuntos Exteriores de Canada o de Inmigracion Canada.  El sello de la Haya si viene de Europa sustituye la legalización.Si el solicitante no habla castellano, debe comparecer asistido de traductor jurado o intérprete.