Posts Tagged ‘ programa de intercambio laboral en canada ’

How do I come to Canada as a Temporary Worker?

How do I come to Canada as a Temporary Worker?

Temporary workers require employment authorization in order to work legally in Ontario. In most cases, employment authorization is issued by an immigration officer after Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) approves a job offer. Visitors can only work legally in Canada as foreign temporary workers if they have obtained employment authorization before coming to Canada. They must apply for employment authorization at a visa office outside of Canada. Usually, the process involves the following steps:

  1. An employer must first offer you a job. The employer intending to hire a foreign worker submits a job offer to the Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) office closest to the location where the work will take place.
  2. The HRSDC foreign worker counsellor will examine the job offer to consider whether the job might easily be filled from within the domestic workforce. HRDC must normally provide a labour market opinion or ‘confirmation’ of your job offer.
  3. After HRSDC confirms that a foreign national may fill the job, you apply to CIC for your work permit. The HRSDC foreign worker counsellor will communicate his or her opinion

    – to the employer, if it is negative
    – to the CIC point of service where the worker is applying for the employment authorization, if it is positive (called a “validation”)

The employment authorization is valid only for one job and for the stated period of time. Temporary workers cannot change jobs without first having their authorization amended. They cannot normally stay in Canada legally or apply for permanent resident status after their authorized period of stay has expired.

You cannot immigrate with a work permit. If you want to come and live in Canada as a permanent resident based on your work skills or experience, see if you qualify for the Skilled Worker Program.