Posts Tagged ‘ infosource for job or work in canada ’

How to get a Canadian study permit and a temporary resident visa

If you want to take an English course for more than 6 months, then you will need a Study Permit and you have to study a full time program.

Who Needs a Study Permit?

If you need a Study Permit (student visa) to come to Canada, then you have to study a Full-Time program like those offered by Host English School Super Intensive Program with 40 lessons, Intensive Program or any of the Specialized Programs with 30 lessons per week.  Their Letter of Acceptance will indicate your selected Full-Time program. It shows the beginning and ending dates of study and the amount you have paid in advance.

Study Permits are issued by Immigration Offices only when the study time is longer than 6 months.

Who Needs a Visitor’s Visa in addition to the Study Permit?

Applicants from many countries will need to apply for a Visitor’s Visa (TRV-Temporary Resident Visa). The documentation and process to obtain the TRV is very similar to applying for a Study Permit. In this case, you must satisfy the Immigration Officers that you can support all the expenses of your trip and that you will return to your country after your visit.

In general, Immigration Officers will understand better and believe you more that you are coming to Canada to study an English course if you register in a Full Time Program.

You can use contact of our Agents and Representatives to help you with your Visa application.

If you are already in Canada with a TRV and want to study at Host English school, you can take their Part-Time programs like Semi Intensive AM Program or Semi Intensive PM Program.

Benefits of Having a Study Permit

You should apply for a Study Permit before you come to Canada if you think you may wish to continue your studies in another program after you complete the short-term course or program.

If you do not have a valid Study Permit and wish to continue your studies, you will have to leave Canada to apply for one. The nearest processing centre outside of Canada . Students will need to have a valid American Visa to go to the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo, NY or Seattle if you are in the Canadian west.

How to Apply for a Study Permit

Print the Application for a Study Permit in Canada found in our website. (If you are from certain countries, the Immigration Officer will process your application for a Temporary Resident Visa as well as a Study Permit. You do not need a separate application).

  1. Collect the documents you need to apply. Here are some of them:
    • a valid passport
    • a Letter of Acceptance from Host English School
    • proof that you have enough money to support yourself for your entire stay in Canada. For example, a letter from your bank in your country and a written pledge of financial support from a parent will show immigration officials that you can afford your expenses while you are in Canada. These expenses include tuition, homestay, transportation, medical insurance, personal needs and return trips home
    • a medical clearance if required by immigration
    • a letter from your employer or sponsoring organization if you are being sponsored
    • CAN 5 for the application fee
  2. Complete the application for a Study Permit. Fill in the forms carefully and completely:
    • Follow the instructions
    • Use your computer, a typewriter or print clearly, using black ink
    • Add appropriate characters for languages that do not use the Latin alphabet, such as Cyrillic, Japanese, Hebrew, Chinese, Arabic,  etc.
    • Sign and date your application forms
  3. Include the correct Application Fee.There is a processing fee to apply for a Study Permit. The current rate is 5 Canadian dollars for a Study Permit, and for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). Verify acceptable methods of payment with the office where you submit your application.
  4. Make sure that your application is complete.Consult the Visa Office or use our services to see if you need to fill out any additional forms or provide any additional documents.
  5. Submit your application.Fees, and required documents to a Visa Office at the Canadian embassy, high commission or consulate responsible for the country in which you are living.
  6. Supply additional information or documents when the Visa Office requests it. This may include:
    • Medical Examination Results.You must pass a medical exam, if you come from a country with high health risks; or if you will be studying or working in a place where protection of public health is essential.A Visa Officer will advise you if you need to take a medical examination, and will provide you with instructions on how to proceed. If you need a medical examination, processing your application could take at least three extra months.
    • Police Certificates/Certificate of Good Conduct.A Visa Officer may request a police certificate to prove to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Officers that you are a responsible person and that you do not have a criminal record.Police agencies may do a criminal or security background check. These checks may be done on anyone over 18 years of age applying for a Study Permit.

      If you move or change your address, your telephone or fax number before your application has been processed, you must advice Canadian authorities of this new information. Contact the Visa Office where you submitted your application.

When you apply for your Study Permit, there is no guarantee of acceptance. You should not take any final steps, such as purchasing plane tickets or quitting your job, until your Study Permit is approved.

If you have any questions about your application, please contact the Visa Office where you submit your application.

After You Apply – The Status of Your Application

The Visa Office will review your application to make sure you have completed it correctly and that it contains all of the required documents.

After reviewing your application, an officer will decide if an interview is necessary. If so, the officer will inform you of the time and place.

If Citizenship and Immigration Canada does not accept your application, they will notify you of the reasons for refusal in writing.  Study Permit applications may be refused for the following reasons:

  • You have not shown proof of financial sufficiency
  • You have not passed the medical examination
  • You have not satisfied the Officer that your primary intention in Canada is to study
  • You have not satisfied the Officer that you will leave Canada at the end of the period of study. Please note: you are allowed to apply to study in Canada even if you are applying or considering applying to immigrate permanently to Canada now or in the future. However, the Officer must still be satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for your stay (in the event that your permanent resident application is refused).

If you have questions about your refusal, you must contact the Visa Office that issued you the refusal letter.

Application Approval Documents

If your application is approved, you will receive:

  • A letter of introduction confirming the approval. This letter is not your Study Permit. Bring this letter with you to show to immigration officials when you enter Canada and in that moment you will receive the Study Permit.
  • A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) in your passport If you are from certain countries. Check the Temporary Resident Visa (if applicable) that the Officer puts in your passport. It will tell you the date by which you must enter Canada, and how many times you can enter Canada. You must arrive in Canada before your TRV expires.

If you need more information or would like to use our services contact us at


Canadian Work Permit

Canada’s enviable standard of living, spectacular scenery, first class education system and abundant job opportunities make it an extremely popular choice for potential migrants. Combine that with its relative proximity to Europe compared with other migration hotspots, and it’s clear why so many people are looking to Canada to start a new life.

Canadian Work Permit Stages
The process for obtaining a Canadian Work Permit consists of 3 distinct stages;

  • Obtain a valid offer of employment from a Canadian Employer To find out if we can help you obtain an offer of employment based on your occupation, complete our Skilled Visa Assessment form.
  • The Canadian employer must then apply for an LMO (Labour Market Opinion). 
  • You or your boss then apply for the work permit through To  Immigration Canada.

Being in Canada on a work permit makes applying for permanent residency through the skilled migration route much faster and more simple. To see if you would qualify for a permanent residency visa, with or without an offer of employment, complete our Skilled Visa Assessment form.

 Take our online Skilled Visa Assessment to get started on your Canadian Work Permit application today!

LMO (Labour Market Opinion)
It is the employer’s responsibility to obtain the LMO on the employee’s behalf and one must be obtained before the foreign worker may apply for a work permit. The purpose of the LMO is so th social departament can verify that the job offered to a foreign national could not have been filled by a Canadian Citizen.

This usually means that, amongst other things, the employer has gone to reasonable efforts to advertise the position to Candians before offering the job to a foreign national. The processing time for a standard LMO is 3 to 4 months.

Is this listing  able to assist you with your job search? Yes, Hineni Media Job listing subscription Service has a continually updated list of occupations that we could help you find a work permit for!

 Subscribe to Hineni Media Job listing subscription Service  to see if your occupation is eligible for work permit application assistance!