Posts Tagged ‘ Employer Sponsored Visas ’



You may think that having undergone the process of qualifying for emigration to Canada and having your skills assessed and approved, you are on the straight and narrow and Canada will welcome you with open arms. Migrant skills, your skills, are in demand, right? Well, yes, whilst that is true and that you have qualified to enter the country based on them, might be true but that  is not the case for you to find and walk straight into your dream job.

You see, whilst the skills that you possess have clearly been identified as being ‘in demand’, it does not necessarily follow that working for your employer with immediate effect can take place, especially at the income you might think you’ll be taking home in your wage packet. How ones job operates in the Asia,EU or the US is not necessarily indicative of how the same job can be carried out in Canada.


A retail or hospital pharmacist, a worthy example of a job skill in demand throughout Canada, who has a professional degree qualification obtained in the UK, has worked for a large number of years in the profession and who is a member of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain, will not be able to commence work in Canada without undergoing a one-year work under supervision (pre-registration) period and completing extra curricular study leading to passes in both verbal and written examination leading to state licensing. Pay will be at pre-registration level.

An ambitious, time-served air-conditioning engineer who wants to set up work on his own cannot without the necessary licence and for this he or she needs to undergo a lengthy period of work under supervision.

These two examples, which can be applied to so many trades and professions in the provinces and territories, may make you feel you’re no nearer your goal in achieving your dream life in Canada, but it’s not all that bad. Really, it’s not.


English expat, Judy White, an Canadian resident of three years and colaborator of work in Canada recently highlighted to us the employment issues facing new migrants, both from the UK and other parts of the world. Your resume (C.V.) will, understandably, be written for your home country, not Canada. It sounds ludicrous to think that such an easy document to scrutinise and make a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ decision upon should be unfamiliar in a foreign country like Canada, but it’s a fact of life. It seems every migrant is required to spend much time re-shaping the style and content of their resume to appeal to Canadian employers, simply just to get a foot in the door and not be turned away in an instance. Consider also that a resume should appeal to the employer and subtle changes that emphasise certain aspects of your working background can reap reward.

Hineni Media can help you do this and, you’ll be pleased to hear, will seek out job opportunities local to the area you intend to emigrate to or are currently settled in, identify state, territory or national work licences you need to operate successfully and advise on how you go about getting such licences. The packages they offer fall into two categories.


For just $ 295 Hineni Media staff will provide:

A Professional Resume
Skills Marketing – One Month Subscription**
Identify State Requirements for your Vocation


A comprehensive programme, which goes above and beyond their employment services, is priced at just $395 and includes some really helpful solutions for new arrivals to Canada:

A Professional Resume
Skills Marketing – One Month Subscription**
Identify State Requirements for your Vocation
plus information in regard to:

Airport Pick Ups
Temporary Accommodation
Car Rent
Furniture Storage
Banks, Hospitals, Doctors, Dentists, Schools
Location of Major and Local Shopping Centres
Things to do (ideal for parents with children!)


No Visa? Try Sponsorship! Did you know that Canadian companies, in a variety of sectors, are now expanding their search internationally in order to source suitable candidates to fill their skills shortages?

Sponsorship is an ideal way for companies to get the right person for their business but it can be quite daunting if you are the candidate looking to approach these companies.

Our experienced team are in regular contact with businesses all over Canada that have expressed an interest in sponsorship.

As part of our Sponsorship Package we will make the initial introduction on your behalf, professionally promoting your skills, experience and qualifications in order to encourage sponsorship.

Cost $495. Includes:

Professional Resume
Company Introduction & Skills Promotion – One Month Subscription**
Visa Application Information

(** Skills Marketing service can be extended if required)

Employer sponsorship

Case#1 : How do you get an employer sponsorship for a visa to allow you to work in Ontario, Canada. You  fall into the category of skilled worker but you  need a Canadian to give you a job. You have no family out there?

First of all, yes, you can be sponsored for a visa by a Canadian employer. But you have to have a good relationship with your employer or future employer, and ask him/her/them to sponsor you ( it would be even better and easier if they would offer to sponsor you, of course). Also most likely they (the company) would do all your paperwork. Here’s the biggest hurdle: Employment visas or work Visas (they’re called something like that) for unskilled workers are very, very hard to get; almost impossible while. It would be much easier if you are college  or unversity educated with a degree on a field in demand of workers in Canada. And yes you would be working in that field/career and with that company to get your visa.

An employer in Canada can hire anyone from any country.

First, the Canadian employer must communicate to the employee on what salary, job hours and requirements to be agreed upon. Then work on an employee-employer work contract which is a form  obtained.

Next, the Canadian employer must check the qualifications of that employee. To work in a food service company, one prospective applicant must have work experience of at least two years in a company that has similar experience required by the employer in Canada, and must have completed any college degree.

Next, the Canadian employer must post within job boards and job listings in Canada for that particular job availability for one week. Remember that the Government of Canada favors any willing Canadians to do the job first before accepting somebody from the outside.

Next, if no Canadian was willing or fit for that job, the employer goes to HRSDC bringing all their company business licenses, income statement, tax documents, the employee-employer work contract from that person outside Canada and apply for an sponsorship.

Next, if an sponsorship was approved by HRSDC, then the Canadian employer sends a copy of that sponsorship to the prospective employee, and that sponsorship will be included in their application for a work permit and visa to enter Canada.

If the Canadian employer is located in Quebec, an additional document called a CAQ is needed to help the employee file one’s visa application outside of Canada.

Now, if the applicant is inside of Canada, it depends on what visa is that person carrying. If it is a temporary visitor visa, then one can wait for the sponsorship to come out within the visas’ prescribed time, which is i think 90 days maximum, but the work permit as far as I know must be obtained from the applicant’s country of residence.