Archive for the ‘ Canada Employment- based Visa ’ Category

Canada: Immigration Through Employment

Permanent Residence through Employment
(Permanent Residence in Canada)

The CiC (Citizenship and Immigration Canada ) has developed a points system that determines the quota or number of visas that are allocated to a particular preference category. This points system was developed to give an order to the way CIC approves applications each year and creates a difference in the application process by category.  This category includes:

* Foreign national Professionals with a bachelor degree who do not qualify for a higher preference category.
* Foreign national Skilled Workers with a minimum of two years training and experience.
* Other Workers and Unskilled workers requiring less than two years of higher education (including Live-in Domestic Workers). Tons of ladies enter and reside in Canada through this scheme.

Who Can Apply?

Professionals without an Advanced Degree*

*It means an university degree, such as a master’s or doctorate, that is higher than a bachelor’s.

* You must hold a Foreign Equivalent to a Canadian Bachelor Degree. No advance degree is necessary and the Bachelor’s degree must not necessarily be in the field of the offered employment.
* (OR) You must hold a Degree that is normally required for this profession so it could be acredited.
* If so, you must be in the position to prove that you are recognized as a professional of that profession.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved by HRDC that proves that no other qualified Canadian workers are available for that employment position and the wages and working conditions offered will not adversely affect those of similarly employed Canadian workers.

Skilled Workers
* Skilled workers are those working in a specific field that requires certain skills and who have had at least two years of training or experience. This classification does not include temporary or seasonal employment.
* You must have evidence of two years of training or experience. This may be met through relevant post-secondary education.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* You must be filling a position that requires 2 years of training or experience.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved by HRDC ( Human Resources Development Canada )currently known as AEO approval from Service Canada).
* Academic Credential Evaluations may be required in certain cases.

Unskilled Workers

Live-In Domestic Workers
* You must have at least one year of experience as a household domestic worker.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved HRDC.
* Your employer must prove that your employment as a live in household worker is a “business necessity”.

Other Workers
* You may have less than two years of training or experience.
* Your job does not require two years of training or experience.
* You must have completed your training for the job prior to starting the permanent Residence application process.
* You must be offered a full-time, permanent position in Canada.
* You must be ready to wait a longer time for your visa due to the long back-log of applications already filed under this category.
* Your potential employer must apply for and receive approved HRDC. However HRDC aproval is generally not made available for the list of jobs listed below called certain occupations in the ocupational national job list.
* Complete list of  Natianal Occupations

How do I Apply?

There are 3 general steps in the application process for lawful permanent residence for skilled workers. The first two steps must be initiated by your potential employer, and the last step by you and your accompanying relatives. The application procedures may be carried out either within Canada at a CIC office, or abroad at the Canadian offices or consulate of your country of residence.

* The first step involves your employer who files for a HRDC job offer approval on your behalf. The reason that you are required to do this is so that the  Canadian Government can confirm that there are no qualified Canadian citizens available and willing to take the specific job that has been offered and that the working conditions and wages offered for the position will not have an adverse effect on Canadian job labor market. Therefore, you will be working with both CIC and Human Resources Development Canada.
* If the HRDC job offer approval is approved, you will then have to prove that you are qualified for this particular visa. Your employer will then file an Skilled Immigrant Petition for  Foreign Worker.
* If the Petition is approved, you will then file a formal request for lawful temporary or permanent working visa or permanent residency application. This process can take place from the Country of Residence at the Canadian consulate or from within Canada.

There are several factors that could impact the time it takes for the application to be approved. These factors may include, but may not be limited to: (a)Using the correct procedures when filing each type of application; and (b) quota availability. For example quotas are set by both visa type and by country, so, the country you were born in can also impact your timing.

What do I do Now?

* Get the answers you need with our Self-Help Canada immigration Kit.
* Read more information on eligibility requirements.

Marisol Diaz
Settlement & Integration Resources Publisher/Int’l Employment & Career Columnist.
She has been writing on legal research and immigration law since 2004.

NOTE: No attorney/client relationship is formed through the submission or viewing of this article. This article is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. The facts of every case are different and individualized advice should be sought from an attorney before proceeding with any case.

Which employers are willing to help your through Immigration Canada.

In order to work in Canada, a foreign or skill worker needs a work permit. In order to get a work permit a foreign worker or foreign trained professional needs a job offer.   That is your ‘door’ or one of first steps to immigrate to Canada through employment.  What employers or companies are  willing to help you with it?  who or which companies are ready to comply with the law?

First of all,   as editor-in chief of an ePublishing firm I’ll tackle  the question of  who are the employers willing to help through immigration Canada?  Something I got all the time as there are many Canadian companies already working on the issue but  how much is the foreign reader  willing to pay for such  compilation?

Secondly, I’ll answer the question  about  if we are an employmente agency:  no. We are not an employment agency and are not licensed or authorized to find jobs for candidates we are niche publishers. Secondly, if we did so, we’d probably be creating conflict of interest situations. But while our firm can’t find you a job, we CAN give you some good advice:

There ARE such things as “International Trained Professional friendly” companies. We were running such database for years. These can be anything from a giant corporation which routinely is forced to hire foreign talent to a small company which has filed a successful employment-visa in the past in the name of a really great employee and, with the experience demystified and a positive situation, is willing to do so again. As with all employment, SUPPLY and DEMAND is the key issue in your ability to find such company/or  employer. For example, if you are a Computer Programmer with expertise in a hot new programming language, you’ll have companies fighting over you. If you are a recent grad with degree in marketing, then you better be prepared to show prospective employers why you are worth the effort.

In companies which hight hire foreign workers’s volume, the legal fees for thevisa filing are usually paid for by the employer. While there is no prohibition that the employee pay legal and filing fees, there are  others that MUST be paid by the employer. In smaller companies, WHO pays the lawyer fee is a matter of negotiation, again, based on supply and demand. If you are cutting your own deal because you are in high demand, the workers visa processing is usually a part of it. If not, the employer may be willing to sign the papers but not pay. They MUST, ALWAYS, pay the workers visa fee.

So how do you get a job? Well, let’s divide you into three categories:


As you probably know, getting an workers visa transferred is usually less painful than that first work visa approval. If you are in valid work status, recruit aggressively and fire out resumes. If competition for the job is tough, you may want to add in the cover letter that you will be responsible for handling all of the costs associated with the transfer of your work visa, and save in fees explanation for later, in person.


You will encounter MANY immigration lawyers who tell you that it’s “safer” to get your work permit as soon as possible and that practical training can be cut short. Don’t buy it. Unless you are graduating with a highly coveted degree and you KNOW you are in great demand, the Post Completion Practical Training can be an INVALUABLE tool. Here’s why: when you start a new job and the employer doesn’t know you, they are right to be concerned about investing the time and the money in getting you an work permit. By starting with them in practical training- which requires NOTHING on their part- and proven your worth to them- you set up a situation where the transfer to work permit status a year later is a piece of cake if you don’t have or gained an internship while at school. I have had dozens of inquiries follow this advice successfully…six months into the practical training, I get a call from the client and after 5 mellow minutes explaining what we need to do in six months, the employer is happy and ready to commit to the work permit. Besides, if you DON’T use the year of practical training or internship, you are wasting a year of work permit status!

NOTE: there are some limited situations where it DOES make sense to cut your internship or practical training short in exchange for an work permit. As we have explained in the past,  internship status is an extension of the student visa, which requires continuing nonimmigrant intent. Conversely, the work permit does NOT require proof of nonimmigrant intent. Consider the following situation:

EXAMPLE: You graduate and start practical training. Your girlfriend, a lawful permanent resident, and you decide to get married. You do so and she files an immigrant petition on your behalf, but it will take a few years for the priority date to become current. If you remain in the international student internship status and travel during that year after graduation, you risk getting stuck abroad! By filing your petition, you have demonstrated that you intend to immigrate. In doing so, you are deniable at entry as  student visa  if you travel abroad…so if you ARE going to travel that first year, you’d better switch to work permit and get stamped while abroad with a new international student stamp in your passport.


I imagine that we have many of these among our readers, as this question appears in e-mail all the time. Here’s the best advice I can give you about finding an Immigration-based visa position in Canada.

Rely almost exclusively on the Internet for your career search, especially if you are in a high-tech field.
If you have any friends or family in Canada., ask them to help you in your job search.
NEVER, EVER pay a “finders fee” to a company purporting to place professionals. Except for megafirms, I have YET to see a SINGLE such situation which did not result in an absolute theft of money. The REAL employers don’t charge you because they need you if they are bothering to consider work permit visa applicants!

Don’t be shy about asking for company information, but don’t be obnoxious. I can’t begin to tell you how many calls I get from great employers expressing disbelief at the arrogance of some of the applicants, sitting overseas, “demanding” this and that. Without respect and common courtesy, forget it…Canadian employers understand an egalitarian system, and you should treat whomever you are communicating with- from the lowliest clerk to the CEO – with the same modesty and respect with which YOU would like to be treated.

Everybody and their brother is on the Internet. Before you go with the “exciting new upstart” (translation: we are new, enthusiastic, and have no history), spend HOURS researching them online. Dig deep for information and if it isn’t there, most likely they are not there either…

If they ask you for original documents- degrees, passports, etc.- tell them you understand that if you provide them with certified copies that will suffice. If they say that they must have originals, I can almost guarantee you that you are dealing with a disreputable company. It’s a lie.
If they tell you that “the case is pending”, then they should have, within a couple of weeks of filing, a receipt from the Canada Immigration. Adjudication may be slow, but the receipts are not.

So there you have it, folks. Best of luck in your Canada job hunt!

Marisol Diaz
Settlement & Integration Resources Publisher
Int’l Employment & Career Columnist

Who in Canada can provide a job offer letter?

 People tend to concentrate on job interviews, but handling a job offer well can be just as important. Who  can provide you with a job offer letter? Are you up for the challange?

  • Bank of Montreal
  • Scotiabank
  • CIBC
  • Goodmanns
  • Cosco Pharmacy
  • The Good Sheppard
  • City of Toronto
  • Canada Life
  • Canadian Medic Alert

This list above belongs to  some of the few willing to provide you with  a job offer letter if your job description  tells potential employers the exact requirements of the position. Even more useful is the process you use to develop the job description internally and the behavioral characteristics of your ideal position. Assemble a resume or portafolio who represent the best qualities of the skills, experience and credentials you currently hold for the position(s) you are applying.

Develop a job description that delineates an fulfill the key responsibilities and outputs of the position described. Then, define the behavioral characteristics of you as the ideal candidate. Finally, list your five – ten key responsibilities and characteristics you will use for the position.

Sound like a lot of effort? It is. But, you’ll have a much better idea about the characteristics of the ideal candidate Canadian employers want to attract to their companies when they are doing this planning via email or with a recruiting planning meeting firm.


Learn how to use the Internet to find and attract great companies. These are options you can currently consider.

Join Canada Industry Contacts, Association Memberships and Trade Groups for Recruiting Candidates.

Looking for the “right” associations to join? Check out this resource: Find Associations, People, and Businesses from the Canadian Society of Association Executives.

Use  Canadian Headhunters and Recruiters
Sometimes, it is worth your time to use headhunters, recruiters, and employment placement firms.

Recruiter’s Online Network.

Marisol Diaz
Settlement & Integration Resources Publisher
Int’l Employment & Career Columnist

Securing employment and obtaining a work permit in Canada

Get into a  Canadian Study-work Program  ! there is not a better and shorter  way for you to secure employment an obtaining work permit in Canada.

We publish a section with  advice on finding Summer internships, internship programs, Provincial internships, as well as samples of what an internship report can look like and a list of institutions with great work-study options:

University of WaterlooWaterloo, Ontario
The largest co-op program in the world. It has over 11,000 students enrolled in co-op and more than 3,000 employers. Their famous engineering program is co-op only (no regular stream of study). Their 5-year co-op program included up to 2 years of work experience.

Bill Gates has said: “There are many years where Waterloo is the university we hired the most people from of any university in the world, and Waterloo has always been in the top five every year.”

Wilfrid Laurier UniversityWaterloo, Ontario
Laurier has a top co-op business program. The program is very competitive – only one third of students who start in first year enroll. It offers 3 four-month work terms.

Carleton UniversityOttawa, Ontario
Their co-op program has work placements of 4, 8, 12, or 16 months in duration. Students typically require an additional year of study to complete the co-op work terms and fulfill the academic requisites of their specific program.

University of British ColumbiaVancouver, British Columbia
UBC offers co-op programs in various faculties such as Arts, Commerce, Engineering, Science and Forestry. Their coop program can also be combined with other exciting UBC programs, such as the Go Global exchange.
University of AlbertaEdmonton, Alberta
While high grades help for success in their co-op program, broad work and volunteer experiences are also very valuable to potential employers. There are approximately 240-280 co-op students on work terms or actively searching for a placement each term. 

want more check here!

Aboriginal Employment Program (AEP)

The goal of the AEP is to increase representation of Aboriginal peoples at all levels in the

Department of Indian and Northern Affairs (DIAND) and foster a climate which will provide opportunities for development and while promoting retention. The AEP offers four programs: Aboriginal Maters (Graduate Recruitment) Program (AMP), Aboriginal Management Executive Development (AMED), Aboriginal University Recruitment (AUR) and Aboriginal Student Employment (ASE).


Accelerated Economists Training Program (AETP)

The AETP offers Master’s degree candidates in Economics, Public Administration, or a related discipline the opportunity to work alongside senior policy analysts on a number of social, economic and international policy agendas. This two-year program is comprised of four six month assignments in central agencies and participating departments, providing a diverse work experience, particularly in the area of policy analysis.

Career Edge Youth Internship Program

Career Edge is a national, not-for-profit organization whose mandate is to enhance youth

employability through 6, 9 or 12 month paid internships. The program is aimed at graduates of university, college or high school who have finished their education but who lack career-related work experience.

Environmental Youth Corps Program (EYC)

The Environmental Youth Corp (EYC) is designed to create a 6 to 12 month window-of opportunity for post-secondary graduates under the age of 30. These individuals are either unemployed or underemployed and are seeking to gain experience in either a national or international environmental project.

The Fraser Institute Internship Program

The Fraser Institute’s Internship Program offers university students and recent graduates the unique opportunity to join the Institute for training as junior policy analysts. Past projects include analysis of medical technologies available in Canada, welfare comparisons, and key environmental indicators. Intern’s research may also be published and disseminated to a wide audience.



Industry Canada’s Student Connection Program

As an Industry Canada and Youth Employment Strategy program, the Student Connection Program (SCP) was created to foster youth employment and to introduce the power of the Internet to Canadian small and medium-sized enterprises. The Student Connection Program hires and trains post-secondary students and recent graduates as Student Business Advisors (SBAs) who provide on-site customized Internet training.


Internship Programs within the Public Service of Canada

The Public Service of Canada continues to be the nation’s largest single employer of students enrolled in co-operative education (Co-op) and Internship programs in Canada. In partnership with participating academic institutions, the Public Service of Canada plays an important role in providing post-secondary students with the relevant and practical work experience they need to fulfil the requirements of their academic program.


Ministry of Natural Resources (MNR)

Youth Program

MNR Internships are up to 10 months (40 weeks) in length. The goal of the program is to

provide students with specific skills and learning opportunities to help make the transition from school to work. Learning opportunities will focus on MNR’s key business. Jobs will change from year to year to reflect the Ministry’s needs. Applicants must be full-time post-secondary students or recent (within five years) graduates of a recognized post-secondary institution and eligible to work in Canada. The amount participants are paid is based on the type of work assignment. All Intern positions pay more than Ontario’s minimum wage


Ontario Internship Program


An OIP Internship is: a 2 year full time, paid professional work assignment that offers hands-on experience via up to three job assignments of 8 months duration, an opportunity to explore your career options while building your skills and portfolio, a great way to network and gain valuable professional contacts and a promising start to a career in the Ontario Public Service.

Official-Language Monitor Program


Participants work with students either on a part-time or full time basis who are studying English as a second language through complementary activities carried out under a teacher’s direction.

Participant’s role is to prepare activities focused on the linguistic and cultural characteristics of the English language in order to help students improve their language skills and increase their awareness of the culture. Part-time participants may continue their post-secondary studies and generally live in urban areas whereas full time participants live in rural areas. All participants receive a salary plus a travel, moving and commuting allowance.



PSC Management Trainee Program

The objective of the Management Trainee Program (MTP) is to recruit and develop highly qualified individuals for key positions of responsibility in the federal Public Service of Canada. The MTP provides hands-on work experience through assignments with federal departments and agencies. Upon completion of the four-year Program, graduates will be qualified for managerial positions at the intermediate level.



The Quebec-Labrador Foundation/Atlantic

Center for the Environment (QLF) Internships

The Quebec-Labrador Foundation/Atlantic Center for the Environment (QLF) offers positions to undergraduates, recent graduates, and graduate-level university students from Canada and the U.S. The QLF is a dynamic nonprofit organization with a highly qualified staff and a large diversity of projects and activities. Most assignments last two to three months, and include stipends and lodging that vary according to position.


Science Horizons Youth Internship Program

Four federal departments deliver Science Horizons programs including: Environment Canada Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, Natural Resources Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, and Heritage Canada which offer promising young scientists and post-secondary graduates hands-on experience under the mentorship and coaching of experienced scientists and program managers.



The Science and Technology Internship Program

This program provides an opportunity to recent graduates in science, engineering or business to gain relevant and meaningful work experience. Interns are invited to work on natural resource sciences projects of commercial potential, in cooperation with Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). Interns work under the direction of experienced scientists on cutting-edge research and development projects with NRCan partners committed to bringing research to commercial application. The intern is an employee of the partner. Internships start at any time throughout the year, based on project requirements and funding available.


Young Canada Works (YCW) in Science and Technology

These internships include a range of challenging research and application opportunities, developed in partnership with small- and medium-sized enterprises, cultural and heritage institutions, universities and not-for-profit organizations. Internships last 4 to 12 months and application eligibility is limited to recent post-secondary graduates who are up to 30 years of age and unemployed or underemployed.



Youth Internship Canada (HRDC)

HRDC Internships provide young people with skills enhancement, work experience and entrepreneurial assistance to help them make a successful integration into the labour market.

Youth interested in participating and sponsors interested in developing a youth internship project or submitting proposals for funding are invited to contact their local Human Resources Centre of Canada.

How feasible it is to get an employment offer, work permit, etc. to move to Canada

Jobs, especially higher paying jobs these days takes a kick ass resume with cover letter, nailing the interviews and letting them know you are the person for them, and a lot of blessing, considering there are so many college graduates out there right now. The competition for attractive fields is absolutely fierce!!

 Getting an employment offer ( in Canada)

Focused heavily on networking and referrals.  Editing and revising your resume and cover letters its essential to clearly communicate your past experiences. The  basic portfolio  I have created should serve as an additional way to express who I am, what qualities I possess, and showcase some documents I can provide as samples. Participating in mock interviews can helped you to identify weaknesses that you can focus on and prepare for before real interviews.

If you receive a job offer from a Canadian company, your visa application process will be much easier!

I strongly recommend obtaining a job offer from a Canadian company before submitting your visa application. If you can get this document, it will not only help you settle easier in Canada , but it will also increase your Pass Mark assessment.

Let me explain the way a job offer will help you increase your Pass Mark assessment:

You will receive 10 points if:

– You have a permanent job offer in Canada . However, please note that this offer has to be confirmed by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC).

If you are already in Canada (with a temporary work permit), and you decide to apply from within the country, you will also receive points in the following situations:

You will receive 10 points if:

– Your temporary work permit was issued after receiving a confirmation of a job offer from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada ;
– Your temporary work permit was exempted from the requirement of a issued after receipt of a confirmation of your job offer from HRSDC (due to an international agreement).

Also if it represents a relevant benefit to Canada or its competitiveness (i.e. intra-company or post-graduate work respectively).

Now how feasible it is to get a job  offer ?

You have to be not only qualified for the job but also highly skilled at competing for it.

To be successful, you must do these three things:

1. Have an interview plan. The interviewers have a plan for what questions they’ll ask you and what information they’ll need to obtain to determine if you’re qualified for the job

2. Prepare answers for the questions you’re most likely to be asked. You can analyze the job description to figure out the questions you’re most likely to encounter during your interviews

3.  Know your interviewers before you step in the room or get that phone interview. You can often get valuable information about your interviewers with just a Google ( GOOG – news – people ) name search. You particularly want to know what positions they currently hold at the company, how long they’ve been there, what other companies they’ve worked for and what schools they attended.

Work permit ( in Canada)

To work in Canada, you will first need residency – if you are lucky enough to have a written offer of employment before arriving, you can get a work permit.
You can get a residence permit without a job offer providing you fulfill certain requirements. For citizens of USA or certain EU countries, this process is made much easier, but even then you need to jump through some bureaucratic hoops. Canada immigration has more information about this.

Securing your residence permit isn’t the end of the bureaucracy, though – once you’ve got the stamp in your passport, you’ll need to head off to the Canada tax Revenue.

Apart from enabling you to experience the joys of paying one of the world’s highest taxes, Revenue Canada also works in partnership with SNN or where Canadian’s population register, so this is where to apply for your personal number (Social Number). You need this in order for your employer to be able to pay you – not to mention to be able to open a bank account, use your credit card, or do practically anything else in Canada.

Still, all this can take time, and some people need a bank account before all the paperwork is ready. One of the few banks to offer accounts to people without personal numbers is Royal York.
The CV

Depending on the job you’re applying for, it could well be worth getting your CV (or resume, if you prefer) translated into English. But even if it is in English, tailoring it to Canadian employers’ or Companies expectations is vital.

I advised that in Canadian CVs typically begin with a list of experience first (from most recent job backwards) followed by educational achievements. “Write what you can do, not what you are interested in – not that you like to walk in the woods with your family or whatever,”. “Employers want to see what you can offer them, what specialist skills you have.”
The Interview

On the subject of interview attire, Canadians generally takes a more relaxed approach than most English-speaking nations.

In Canada  suits are not usually necessary:

“It’s more important to be clean and presentable – casual is ok as long as the clothing isn’t extreme.”

Arriving clad in a suit will normally only be required in companies or departments staffed by professionals such as banks, lawyers or accountants, though if in doubt it is probably better to dress up rather than down.

I would also recommends doing some research into the company before you attend the interview, and if you have been referred through a recruitment agency check with your consultant as to whether formal office clothes are likely to be expected.

If the role requires you to speak English or French (both officials Languages of Canada), but bear in mind that the interview is likely to be conducted in English. Once you’ve said your goodbyes, a follow-up call to see when you’re likely to hear back will usually indicate enthusiasm, although it’s worth asking at the interview about timescales for feedback.

  Moving  to Canada (Settlement)

What does Immigration to Canada offer me?
If this is what you want to know, here are some important facts:
•Canada enjoys a high standard of living.
•Canada welcomes businesses and investment.
•Canadians have one of the highest life expectancies in the world.
•Canadians benefit from a good education system and universal health care.
•Canada is peaceful and safe, and one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
•Canada aims to accept almost 250,000 immigrants each year.

Contact us  for  Settlement and Relocation services


Marisol specialize in permanent, contract and contract-to-permanent employment resources for  seasonal, temporary, internships, summer jobs. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario.  Marisol’s serves Ontario and metropolitan GTA markets with additional technology contracting resources nationwide. For more information on Diaz, Marisol visit


Canadian companies that hired international profesionals and students

Finding a job as international profesional  takes hard work.  It’s a good idea to prepare for your job search before you leave for Canada. Getting ready for interviews, improving your English or French language skills, and getting in touch with a possible mentor   all may help in finding a job.
 Here are few tips:
First. Strong employment prospects for you as an international profesional and international student may be with organizations that have an international focus, such as the World Trade Organization, World Health Organization,World Bank or African Development Fund. Likewise, you may have more success with Canadian companies that have an international presence. Your international experience, language andcultural fluency make you very attractive to these organizations. In addition, if your Canadian work  authorization is delayed, you may be able to continue to work at one of their branches outside of  Canada. (ie: in your home country). Hineni Media Subscription site includes several  resources that name  Canadian companies with divisions throughout the world. Here you will find  a few:
Secondly, as an international profesional or international student you may find the job search process less difficult if you study technical subjects. High tech firms in Canada are desperate to hire skilled workers, particularly inthe areas of Systems Analysis and Programming, Engineering and Accounting. If you are not majoringin one of these areas, at least consider developing computer skills (programming, word processingand spreadsheet design, web development), quantitative skills (accounting, statistics and economics) and/or scientificskills (lab research) through elective classes, independent studies or extracurricular activities tomake yourself more marketable.
Here is a partial list of companies that hired international students who graduated from Canadian programs:❖ Scotia Bank ❖ Ernst and Young❖ Xerox❖ 3M Canada Company❖ MTV World❖ Thrifty Foods❖IBM Canada❖ Meyers Norris Penny Canada❖University Health Work❖ Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro❖ Peterbourogh Regional Health❖ Nestle Canada
 Canada Employment System
The first step in designing an effective job search strategy which will lead to employment in Canada is to clearly understand the setting in which you are operating. As a international professional or international  student, you  may not have had much experience job-hunting in your home country. Even if you have, you arelikely to find job-hunting in Canada is a different process. The differences are culturally based and, therefore, you may have to work very hard at overcomingthe natural inclination to conduct yourself as you would if you were looking for a job in your homecountry. Different cultures have different sensibilities. Be aware of the setting in which you areinterviewing.  Hineni Media blogs about it and  offers services  to assist you in your  Canada job search process.   Take  time to read some of this material before you begin your search.

Hineni Media Online Database of Canadian Employers

This database identifies those Online Database of Canadian Employers who have filed for work permit visas in the past,  employers who have recently filed the appropriate paperwork to sponsor an international student or foreign worker for visa or who have at least started the process by filing for the HRSDC. If you find an employer you are interested in, you can then contact them to send your resume. 

This is a starting point for you to determine which employers may be willing to sponsor your visa. There is no guarantee that this job will be available, or that this employer will sponsor you. Please tell your friends about this valuable resource. 

  • Identify the names and contact information for hiring managers with companies that have a history of sponsoring employees on employment visa.
  • You will know the employers willing to get you a work permit
  • You will know the companies willing to sponsor you
  • You will gain Canadian experience
  • You will find temporary or seasonal work sources
  • You will find leisure/vacation work sources
  • Use Online Database of Canadian Employers for International Professionals and quickly find the perfect sponsoring company.
Settlement Resources: Online Access to comprehensive information and resources for moving to, working and settling in Canada.