How to Find Job Openings in Canada

How to Find Job Openings

In some countries, people find jobs primarily through the government or family members. In Canada self-reliance is more the rule, and secondly networking . It is important for everyone, including international students, to use a wide variety of resources to identify jobs.  About 20% of the jobs that exist in Canada are advertised in newspapers, trade magazines, or on the Internet. The other 80% of job openings are in the “hidden” job market and are never advertised. These positions are filled byword of mouth. For this reason, it is important to contact as many people as possible to find out about job openings. This technique is called networking.  Contacts include friends, classmates, neighbors, family members, professors, alumni, and community members.  Our blog  has many books on the job search and networking, as well as networking workshops and opportunities.

Working for International Companies

The best employment prospects for international students may be with international companies. International students are great assets to global organizations desiring language skills, respect for diversity, and/or knowledge of overseas economies. Occupations in Need of International Students.  According to the November 2012 edition of “Recruiting Trends,” health” and  high-tech firms are desperate to hire technically skilled, non-immigrant foreign workers. According to Canda immigration , from October 2009 to February 2010,  workers-visa  petitions were approved in the following areas:

 • Health Care & Social Assistants (hot)

•  Mining, oil and gas extraction ( hot)

• System’s Analysis and Programming (hot)

•Electrical/Electronics Engineering (hot)

•College and University Education (hot)

•Accountants and Related Occupations (3.7%) These statistics suggest that International students who wish to work in the Canadas would be wise to study technical and trade  subjects in order to increase their chance of employment. More detailed information on the occupations of approved  workers-visa petitions as well as the petitioners personal characteristics can be found in the following  Internationally Trained Professionals  Special Reports   which are part of the goverment web page.

 

 

Marisol Diaz is  SE , Entrepreneurship and Technology Trainer and author specializing in  helping clients create fulfilling and meaningful  job and portable business opportunities for local and international trained professionals. Get help creating your own exciting career opportunity in Canada with a step-by-step books and  guides, training and workshops such as “Steps to Starting Your Own Business” in Canada. Check also   Business, Jobs & Careers    products

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: