Working in Canada

Whilst all Canadian nationals  have the right to find employment in Canada without a work permit, finding employment may not prove to be easy if you are outside of the major towns and cities, or away from the tourist hotspots and if you do not speak  English or French.  
It is a good start to have some idea of the kind of work you are looking to do and in which industry. Tourism and real estate are the areas where there are most opportunities for  foreign language-speakers such as French, Chinese or Spanish, however many jobs require English as well.

Many people, especially with a trade in much demand (such as builders, plumbers, electricians) opt for self-employment, and others start or buy an existing business.

Whatever you are planning to do you will need to obtain your SIN number .

See also

Working for an Employer
The Self-Employed System


Marisol Diaz  is  an experienced workshop presenter, specialized information publisher, and  a SOHO specialist. She also  has been writing on Canada settlement and  immigration law since 2006. contact her @ You can improve your Canada job search through the   Canadian database  for Int’l  Professional or Hineni CED ,  a Paid Content   or Informational Services site run by Hineni Media.

Access more than 400,000+ Canadian province-specific company profiles in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods, consulting services, finance and technology.  Available only to premium subscribers.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: