How to immigrate to Québec
If you want to immigrate to Québec, you need to apply through CIC. The type of application you make, depends on which immigration category you want to apply under. Here some basic steps:
- Go or attend information meeting organized and sponsored mainly by Québec Government Office. Such meetings are informative but you need to take a broader view of things. Indeed those speakers were there to sell Québec. They emphasised the ups and do linger sometimes on all the downs.
- Do some research on Québec (if you read French, better !!)
- Next step is to determine which visa to apply for. There are several possibilities (You can see the different visas on Immigration Québec website and if you are between 18 and 35, you can also check more post in this blog ). If you chose the permanent resident visa that one would enable you to stay in Canada as long as you wished. To meet the selection criteria, you needed to have enough points. The points are given by degrees, being of childbearing age (Québec needs to counter population ageing), speaking French and English… On the Immigration Québec Website, you can fill out a Preliminary Evaluation for Immigration that enables you to evaluate your chances of being selected by Québec.
- Fill out the official immigration application and pay the fee.
- Wait, Yes WAIT, it could take a while up to sixmonths. The waiting period can be shorter if your occupation is listed “in demand” in Québec. The waiting period can be longer and last several years if you live in third world countries. i.ge: Africa or in Latin America.
- Then you might be invited for an interview at Québec Government Office nearest to you.
Marisol Diaz is an experienced workshop presenter, specialized information publisher, and a SOHO specialist. She also has been writing on Canada settlement and immigration law since 2006. contact her @ firstname.lastname@example.org. You can improve your Canada job search through the Canadian database for Int’l Professional or Hineni CED , a Paid Content or Informational Services site run by Hineni Media.
Access more than 400,000+ Canadian province-specific company profiles in industries such as manufacturing, transportation, consumer goods, consulting services, finance and technology. Available only to premium subscribers.