Canada HRSDC Job Offer Procedure

Arranged Employment /HRSDC.

Foreign Worker Program – Application Forms


Sample Contract   for Occupations that usually require a High-school Diploma or job-specific training (NOC C and D)


HRSDC and CIC use the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system to categorize the job you are filling based on the majority of duties you identify. HRSDC also uses the NOC to identify wages when assessing the job offer.  The NOC can help you as an employer more accurately describe the duties and identify the occupation that the foreign worker is expected to perform.

Wages and Working Conditions
HRSDC reviews the wages that you are offering the Skilled Worker, and compares them to wages paid to Canadians in the same occupation based on labor market information from Statistics Canada, HRSDC, provincial ministries, and other reliable sources. If you are offering wages below rates paid to Canadians in the occupation, HRSDC will not confirm your job offer.

HRSDC also expects you to provide working conditions that are consistent with federal and/or provincial standards for the occupation and workplace.

Genuineness of the Offer and Employer History
To ensure that an offer is genuine in order to grant points towards the Skilled Worker’s permanent resident application, HRSDC and CIC need to be certain that you will employ the Skilled Worker if he/she becomes a permanent resident of Canada. The offer of permanent employment to the Skilled Worker must be submitted to HRSDC on company letterhead signed by the person responsible for hiring employees. The letter of offer must state that the offer to the Skilled Worker is permanent/indeterminate, describe the occupation and duties expected from the Skilled Worker and the salary to be paid to the prospective employee.
You, the employer, need to provide evidence to HRSDC that the business has been in operation for more than one year by submitting business licenses, CRA T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid, or commercial lease agreements for the business location. You also need to be prepared to show that you have employed workers for more than one year by submitting Canada Revenue Agency PD7A remittance forms outlining employee deductions for the last 12 months. PD7As and T4 Summary of Remuneration Paid forms showing deductions such as Canada Pension Plan/Quebec Pension Plan, income tax deductions and Employment Insurance premiums paid by both the employee(s) and the employer.  PD7A and T4 summary forms are required to help demonstrate that an employer-employee relationship exists and that the firm has had a minimum of one worker on payroll over the last twelve months.

Once HRSDC has confirmed your offer, tell the Skilled Worker to include your written offer of permanent employment and the HRSDC Arranged Employment confirmation letter with the permanent resident application, along with other documentation required by CIC.
Please note, that Placement Agencies, Temporary Help Agencies and firms of a similar nature which act as an intermediary, referring workers to employers, cannot be considered the employer of record for the purposes of Arranged Employment unless they are establishing an employer/employee relationship with the skilled worker.

Please note that CIC reserves the right to contact you, the employer, before issuing a permanent resident visa to determine if the offer is still valid.

Permanent, Full-time, and Non-seasonal Offers
Please be aware that HRSDC will only confirm offers that are:
Permanent: the offer has no predetermined end date. 
•    Full-time: the Foreign Worker is expected to work at least 30 hours a week on an average week (with the exception of specific occupations like pilots that have detailed definitions of full-time work). 
•    Not seasonal: the Foreign Worker is expected to work year around, and not be laid off due to seasonal \ patterns of employment
Regulated Occupations
Please be aware that CIC will not award “Arranged Employment” points to the Skilled Worker applicant if the Skilled Worker does not meet certification and licensing requirements for regulated occupations in Canada (e.g. doctors, engineers, trades). Making the necessary arrangements with the regulatory body for certification and licensing is the employer’s and the foreign national’s responsibility.

Arranged Employment Application for Skilled Workers (Arranged Employment Opinion). 
This application should be submitted by an employer who has made a permanent job offer to support a foreign national’s application for a permanent resident visa and:
1. The position is not located in the Province of Quebec
2. The position offered falls under levels A, B, or 0 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC).
3. A Labour Market Opinion confirmation is not required. (се бара за Temporary Work Permit)

For aditional information you can consult the Canadian government website:

The Alberta Immigration Website

Saskatchewan Immigration Website

Marisol Diaz has been writing on legal research and Canada immigration law since 2006.

NOTE: No attorney/client relationship is formed through the submission or viewing of this article. This article is not intended as a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. The facts of every case are different and individualized advice should be sought from an attorney before proceeding with any case.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: