Archive for October, 2009

Co- Ops Programs to get Canadian experience

A Canadian  co-op program or work term allows you to gain experience and earn money while studying. Most co-ops tend to be more commonly available for specific subjects, typically engineering and computer science. However, other faculties are discovering the benefits of co-op and you can find them in a wider range of subjects.

Most co-op positions are developed by the co-op coordinator. Many co-op positions are repeats where students replace other students who have previously completed work terms with the same employer.

Job descriptions are accepted based on the quality of work experience. Each co-op program looks for jobs that

  • provide a learning environment appropriate to your field,
  • engage you in productive work,
  • provide fair and adequate wages, and
  • will be supervised and formally evaluated by your employer.

How does a co-op program work?

A co-operative educational path is usually completed over more than one semester. It includes work assignments in organizations and/or businesses related to your academic and career interests. The typical program involves alternating terms of full-time classroom study with terms of full-time, discipline-related employment.

This allows you to integrate your academic studies with work experiences in an employer’s organization. The time spent working in the employer’s organization provides you with not only a credit toward your degree/diploma but also with the opportunity to:

•make some money,
•gain experience,
•network, and
•try out your career path.

No Guarantees

It occasionally happens that a student may not secure a co-op work term placement, just as some employers may not obtain a student.

Economic conditions beyond the control of the co-op program can, and have, had a considerable effect on job availability, particularly locally. It is not always possible to find work terms in certain provinces. Moreover, no employer participating in on-going co-op hiring is ever required to hire a student whom the employer deems unacceptable. Although the co-op program will make every effort to place all students, no guarantee can be made that you will be placed in a co-op job.

You can increase the possibility of being placed by being prepared to travel to any location in Canada to accept employment and by maintaining a flexible attitude toward the placement process.

Need more information?
Want to find out, which schools offer co-op programs? Try Hineni database listing featuring a searchable list of Canadian schools offering IT, health and engineering programs.



Want to work in Canada ? Learn all you need to move here!

Want to work in Canada ? Learn all you need to move here

Canada Living:

Canada is a vast country which is often over shadowed by the neighbouring United States of America but Canada is one of the most beautiful places in the world. Unknown to many, Canada is actually the second largest country in the world by land mass, and is one of the top 10 economies (by size) in the world. Hence there is plenty of room for a growing population number to live in Canada . 

 Canada has 10 provinces, 3 territories, five regional areas, 25 cities, 31 million people. What does this mean? Canada is large! As you make the transition to living in Canada you can look forward to learning and exploring all that Canada has to offer. 

In what some may find surprising, the country was original inhabited by the aboriginal tribes commonly associated with Australia, although the country has very strong links with the UK and France, hence English and French are stated as the two main languages of the country. 

Canada is well known for the mounted police force, the “mounties”, and offers some of the most beautiful and relatively untouched natural scenery seen anywhere in the world.  Often thought of as a “poor cousin” of the USA, Canada has a lot to offer, and is one of the most progressive nations of the world.

The climate of Canada varies from Arctic in the north to temperate on the south. The two ends of Canada experience two different types of climate, which are opposite to each other. It is said that in winters Canadians feel thankful that they have their jackets and in summer they feel the same for they have the refuge of their air-conditioned homes.

If this is what you want to know, here are some important facts:

•Canada enjoys a high standard of living.
•Canada welcomes businesses and investment.
•Canadians have one of the highest life expectancies in the world.
•Canadians benefit from a good education system and universal health care.
•Canada is peaceful and safe, and one of the most beautiful countries in the world.
•Canada aims to accept almost 250,000 immigrants each year.

If you’re looking around the Greater Toronto Area, have a look at Richmond Hill, Etobicoke, Oakville or Newmarket . If you’re looking to get into a booming neighborhood, try Georgetown or Orangeville.  These two places are doing really well in the real estate market – you’ll get a nice big home over there.

Also Guelph or Beamsville are great places in Ontario; Vancouver is very beautiful, heaven on earth ! but expensive. Don’t overlook Halifax (a cheaper and smaller coastal alternative to Vancouver), which is also very nice, Saskatoon in the prairies is a really great artsy town. Edmonton if you like giant shopping malls. Calgary if you love to ski.

More facts about Canada :-

Capital : Ottawa

Official Language : English, French

Government : Parliamentary Democracy and Federal Constitution, with a Governor General and Prime Minister

Size : 9,984,670 km2

Population : 32.8 million

Currency : Canadian Dollar

International Dialling Code : +1

Economy : 9th largest in the world

Religion : Catholic

 Check here for Canada moving checklist



Forwarded  by two expert immigration attorneys who have obtained legal entry for thousands of foreign nationals, Canada  Immigration Made Easy covers every possible way to legally enter and live in Canada. This Guide explain how the Canadian immigration system really works, and show you how to qualify for: PR cards, work permit, etc Step-by-step instructions show how to fill out and file forms and how to approach the enormous Immigration bureaucracy. Ths  edition covers current topics, including tightened security and how it affects all visa and PR card applicants,  new requirements for skilled visas, temporary visa holders, new work-permit opportunities and much more.Visit   

4 Steps to having your Credentials Recognized in Canada

You might ask yourself  how can I get work in my profession in Canada and I telling you that many internationally-trained professionals are surprised by how much time and effort it can take to work in their profession in Canada.

The high levels of education and experience that help you get into the country are not always recognized by professional associations or employers. So it’s best to research and prepare as much as you can before you leave your home country.

A good place to start is with the province professional association in your field. They can tell you whether you’ll need to apply for registration before you can work in your profession in Canada.

Regulatory bodies work with, but are separate from, professional associations. For example, Ontario has both a board of registration (a regulatory body) for Nurses ( and a Ontario Association of nurses ( ).

Start with  these 4 easy steps:

  • What’s your profession?
  • Find out whether you need a special license or accreditation to practice your profession
  • Check to find out how their occupation in Canada differs from the same occupation in your country of origin and find out the demand for people in your field in various parts of Canada
  • where? visit

Professional associations sites also provide specific information for international applicants. You may find information about:

•Certification and registration.
•Examination schedules and preparation.
•Core professional competencies.
•Skills upgrading and professional development courses.
•Internship, work experience and mentoring programs.
•Academic bridging programs.
•Industry trends and information.
•Career centres and job postings.

If you can’t find a professional association in your field

Almost every occupation is connected to some kind of professional, industry or sector association in Canada.

•Use a search engine such as to search by profession or occupation name and location (for example, “Nurses Toronto, Ontario”).

Obstacles you could face while in Canada in your field.
•All or part of your education may not be recognized. You may need to take courses at a college or university. This may take several years.
•Certification exams are held at set times – often only once or twice a year. And it takes time to prepare for exams.
•You usually need to be in Canada to have your credentials assessed.
•You may need Canadian work experience to get licensed, or to get a job.
•Your occupation may not exist in Canada under the same name.
•In most professions, you will need good English language skills.

Best  Solutions

Register for Co-Ops & Internships Programs

Co-op and Internship programs offer undergraduate students the opportunity to apply the skills they’ve learned the classroom to a real world work environment. As a co-op or internship student, you’ll gain valuable work experience, make industry connections and even earn some money while you’re at it.  Available listings here

In addition to the valuable experience and good pay that a Co-op or Internship will give you, very many of the Opportunities listed on this website also provide travel reimbursement, Housing and Meals. So, don’t let concerns about living expenses or the location of an organization posted on this website prevent you from checking out an exciting and challenging Co-op or Internship position!!

– Note that many organizations do NOT use the term “Co-op”, but DO use the terms “Internship”, or “Summer Undergraduate Research” or “Student Research” (or other similar “research” descriptions) to mean the same as “Co-op”. ALL of the Co-ops, Internships, and the various Research Positions included in this website are Non Paid and Paid, Full-time, Short-term (10-20 weeks) opportunities in positions directly related to the field you might be interested.

Internship: Students enrolled in internship programs spend twelve to sixteen consecutive months in paid, full-time employment between their third and fourth years of study

Work experience programs – these may be offered through employment agencies, professional associations or educational institutions.
•Survival jobs – most new immigrants to Canada take an entry-level position in their profession, or a job outside their field, to pay their bills as they go through the certification process and look for the kind of job they want in their profession.

Register for academic bridging programs – these help new immigrants upgrade their skills or education without having to take a full diploma or degree program. For example, UoT University and the Ontario College of Teachers have a one-year program that helps internationally-trained teachers understand the Canadian education system

Get a Survival job – most new immigrants to Canada take an entry-level position in their profession, or a job outside their field, to pay their bills as they go through the certification process and look for the kind of job they want in their profession.

Important:  This information guide does not contain visa information. We recommend that you order one of the immigration guides listed or use our services for settllement available in Spanish, English and French . For detailed Canada citizenship, PR Cards, self help immigration documents and Canada visa information.

Settling In Ontario, Canada

Settling In Ontario, Canada 

One of the first things you may wish to do when you move to Ontario  is contact the  Newcomers Club to Canada which is located in Toronto. The organization can help you with apartment rentals, language training, applications for Social Insurance Numbers, Health Care, Canada’s Child Tax Credit, help with banking, shopping and much more. There is also a Newcomers Guide to Toronto that you may find useful.

 Finding a Place to Live

Ontario is a great place to live. There are also numerous small communities throughout rural Ontario; Creemore, Dunnville, Elora, Fergus, Meaford, Neustadt, Paisley, St. Jacbos, St. Marys and Thornbury. In or near these communities you will discover crafts, breweries, fine dining, historic limestone architecture, sandy beaches, and outstanding fishing, skiing, hiking and caving.

Visit the following sites for information on apartments rentals, real estate for sale, buying land, and building on Toronto. There are several storage facilities on city if you need to store furniture and household items for a short or extended period of time.

You can use the Address Locator (where by entering a civic address), you can find information about emergency service providers, electoral information, school districts and much more. You can also visit the PlaceFinder where by entering in a community name you will find information about business in the area, real estate for sale, census information and community photographs.

 English Language Training

There are several facilities which provide language training on Ontario. Several of these facilities are listed below:

Host English School

YMCA – Rexdale Youth Resource Centre
1530 Albion Road, Suite 83
Etobicoke, Ontario M9V 1B4

The Career Foundation
9050 Yonge Street, Suite 318
Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 9S6
1 800 477-4217 (toll-free in Ontario)

Polycultural Immigrant and Community Services
3363 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario M8X 1G2
Phone: 416-233-0055
Fax: 416-233-5141

 Working in Ontario

In order to work in Canada you must have a Social Insurance Number. You can visit the employment page of Info Ontario or subscribe at  Hineni Media  for information on career planning, employment programs and services, and a list of jobs currently available on Ontario.

 Another useful resource for newcomers is Workopolis.

 Paying Taxes in Canada

The Canada Revenue Agency oversees the collection of federal and provincial taxes in Canada. The Guide for Newcomers to Canada will help you determine your residency status and your tax obligations.

 The Goods and Services Tax (GST) credit is paid every three months to individuals and families with low to moderate incomes to help offset the GST/HST that they pay. You must apply to receive the credit.

 If You Have Children

Ontario has an Immunization Program for children from birth through to grade nine. Although your child is not required by law to be vaccinated, it is highly recommended that your child be immunized against measles, mumps, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria. However, if an illness for which there is a vaccine is diagnosed in a school, those children who have not been immunized for that disease will not be allowed to attend the school until it is safe to return to school.

 If you have children under the age of 18 who live with you and you are considered a resident of Canada for income tax purposes you can apply for the Child Tax Benefit. This is a tax-free payment based on family income that qualifying families receive to help them with the costs of raising children.

 There are numerous child care facilities on Ontario which provide after school care, play schools, day cares, and kindergarten programs.

 Children who have reached their sixth birthday by January 31 are eligible to attend school. (Students between the ages of 7 and 16 must attend school.) Parents also have the option of home schooling their children. Students attend elementary school for Grades 1 through 6. Junior high schools educate students in Grades 7 through 9 while bigger high schools offer education for students from Grades 10 through twelve. Almost all school-aged children in the province attend one of the 65 English language or 5 French language public schools. Approximately 1% of children in the province attend one of the more than 25 privately operated schools.

 Ontario”s public schools are operated by 3 elected school boards and are funded by the provincial government. As specified in the School Act [PDF File], school boards provide for instruction, management of personnel, facilities and the transportation of students.

 To determine which schools your child can attend, visit the Address Locator where, by supplying your civic address, you can determine which family of schools is available for your neighborhood. To register your child at one of these schools, contact the school directly.

 There are approximately 30 students in a typical school class. Students eat their lunch in their classroom or in the school cafeteria.

 Students are not required to wear uniforms to school although most schools have a dress code concerning what can be worn.

 Students are not required to write entrance exams to enter high school.

 Universities and Community Colleges

The University of  Toronto, commonly referred to as UoT, offers a multitude of courses in Arts, Sciences, Music, Education, Nursing, and much more. The Health, Veterinary and Nursing College is part of the University . The College’s modern facilities have many unique features which include state-of-the-art laboratories, high tech classrooms, diagnostic services and  Health Related Teaching Hospital with clinics even  for small and large animals.

 For many years, George Brown, Seneca and Humber College  have welcomed students of all ages and educational backgrounds to its full-time, contract and continuing education programs. At  their  training centres located throughout the province, students are made to feel at home in a friendly and comfortable setting. With small class sizes, instructors have time for their students and there is a personal quality to the learning experience. Students come from all over the world to study at George Brown, Seneca and Humber College.

 The curriculum for all of  those College’s programs are industry driven. Those college’s diploma and certificate programs are recognized for their combination of theory and hands-on training and are led by instructors hired from industry, all of whom have experience in their own particular occupation. Programs are reviewed and updated regularly and utilize the most advanced facilities, learning materials and technology.

 All theree College offers more than 65 full-time programs and customized contract training, and is home to The Culinary , Police Academy, and the Marine Training Centre.

 There are also several private training schools which operate in Ontario too.

 Health Care

All new residents must register with the Department of Health and Social Services in order to become eligible for a Ontario Health Card (OHIP). Persons who establish permanent residence in Ontario from elsewhere in Canada will become eligible for insured hospital and medical services on the first day of the third month following the month of arrival.

 New or returning residents must apply for health coverage by completing a registration application from the Department. The application is reviewed to ensure that all necessary information is provided. A health card is issued and sent to the resident within two weeks. Renewal of coverage takes place every five years and residents are notified by mail six weeks prior to renewal.

 Ontario  has a Patient Registry Program which provides coordinated support to new residents in need of physicians.

 Driving in Ontario

When someone moves to Ontario  from another country, they must register as a new driver with the Department of Transportation and Public Works.

 Individuals registering as new drivers from elsewhere in Canada, the United States, Germany or Austria do not have to register as new drivers on Ontario. You will be issued a Ontario license of equivalent class for the regular cost of the license for the designated period. Written, vision and driving tests are required if your previous license has been expired for over one year. For those moving here from Switzerland, you will be issued a Ontario license of equivalent class for the regular cost of the license for the designated period once a vision test is completed.

 Once you receive your Ontario license your original license is invalid. In Canada and the US, your license will be returned to your former jurisdiction. If you are moving here from a foreign jurisdiction, your out-of-country driver’s license will be kept on file with the Registrar of the Highway Safety Division for possible subsequent return.

 For more information about obtaining a Ontario Driver’s license visit the below site. Information about driving laws and regulations, traffic rules, vehicle registration and inspections is also available online.

 Import Taxes and Duties

The federal Canada Customs and Revenue Agency oversees the importation of items from other countries and the collection of taxes and duties on those items. Visit their website for:

information for settling in Canada or coming to Canada to study or work
information about postal imports
answers to frequently asked questions
Importing Vehicles

Vehicles purchased in other countries may not necessarily be approved for registration and use in Canada. Visit the Transport Canada website for current information on bringing vehicles into Canada.

 Income Security

Governments at the federal, provincial and municipal level help people who are unable to provide for themselves and their families.

 Special programs help people in different circumstances, such as:

raising children (Canada Child Tax Benefit),
retirement (Canada Pension, Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement),
job-related injuries (Workers’ Compensation),
the loss of a job (Employment Insurance),
longer-term unemployment (Social Assistance).
Most of these benefits are for people in specific circumstances and must be applied for individually if the qualifications are met.

 Gun Owners

In order to bring firearms into Canada, they must be registered with the Canadian Firearms Centre (CFC). Important information for Canadians who have been living out of the country and who are returning to Canada with firearms, or non-residents who are moving to Canada with firearms is available on the CFC website.

 Voting in Elections or Running for Public Office

 Federal Government

To vote in a federal election, you must be a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old. To run for public office in a federal election you must be a Canadian citizen.

 Provincial Government is regulated by the Provincial Election Act

 Qualification of Candidates:

is 18 years of age, or will attain that age on or before ordinary polling day;
is a Canadian citizen;
has been ordinarily resident within the meaning of section 22 or 23
in the province for the 6 months immediately preceding the date of the writ, and
in the polling division on the date of the writ.1996, c.12, s.20. A resident of the Town for a period of one year preceding the date of nominations.

Qualification of Electors:

is 18 years of age, or will attain that age on or before ordinary polling day;
is a Canadian citizen;
has been ordinarily resident within the meaning of section 22 or 23
in the province for the 6 months immediately preceding the date of the writ, and
in the polling division on the date of the writ.1996, c.12, s.20.
Municipal Government is regulated by the Municipalities Act

 Qualifications for Councillors:

not less than 18 years of age;
a Canadian citizen;
a resident of the Town for a period of one year preceding the date of nominations.
Qualifications for Electors:

not less than 18 years of age;
a Canadian citizen;
a resident of the Town for a period of six months preceding the date of Election.


Important:  This information guide does not contain visa information. We recommend that you order one of the immigration guides listed or use our services for settllement available in Spanish, English and French . For detailed Canada citizenship, PR Cards, self help immigration documents and Canada visa information.

How to get a Job in Canada

How to get a Job in Canada

Applying for a job in Canada may be very different than in your home country. There are certain “rules and regulations” to follow in terms of what information to include on your Curriculum Vita (CV). or resume as well as cover letter. For example, depending on the position, applicants may be expected to submit a one page resume, as opposed to a CV. Your resume and CV should not specify salary requirements, marital status, age of children and their names, your height / weight, and reasons for leaving previous jobs.

Jobs are available in a number of different avenues such as newspapers, internet, employment centers, through headhunters, job banks, networking, and job fairs. The process of obtaining a job in Canada is never easy, and it often involves much preparation and hard work. Job applicants are encouraged to take a thorough inventory of their strengths and weaknesses. Do you know what your potential is?

A proven strategy to help to prepare for job opportunities is to engage in self-analysis and determine what you can contribute to an organization as well as areas which you can improve on. Once you know what you can offer to an organization, it is time to write a cover letter and CV  or resume. When you are called for interviews, you need to know how to present yourself and what questions to expect. Many jobs are lost because individuals are not prepared for the job interview.

The “How to Get a Job in Canada” guide provides important information on how to successfully obtain a job in Canada. It includes integral information such as how to inventory your strengths, search for a job, write a cover letter and resume, and prepare for the interview.

How to Get a Job in Canada” information guide contains:

•Knowing yourself
•Winning the job
•How to find a job
•Making connections
•Writing a resume
•Sample resumes
•Search for a job online
•Writing a cover letter
•Sample cover letters
•Using the Internet for your job search
•Finding employment agencies
•Knowing the company
•Preparing for a job interview
•Telephone interviews
•Sharing experiences
•Computer-assisted tests and interviews
•Accepting the job offer
•List of Canadian Embassies and Consulates Worldwide

Important: This information manual does not contain visa information. We recommend that you order one of the immigration manuals listed in ttp:// for detailed Canada citizenship, PR Cards, self help documents and Canada visa information.

Guía Migrar Canada: Residencia,Trabajo y Homologacion de estudios

Quizás tengas aquí la respuesta que buscas

Guía Migrar Canada: Canje del carné de conducir
¿Cómo solicitar cita?, ¿qué documentación tengo que presentar?

Guía Migrar: Homologación de estudios
¿Qué documentación debo presentar?, ¿dónde debo presentar la documentación?

Guía Migrar: Refugio, protección internacional y razones humanitarias
¿Cómo obtener la residencia sin salir de Canada?, ¿qué necesito para solicitar el refugio?, ¿cuáles son las razones humanitarias para solicitar la residencia?, ¿qué derechos tengo como familiar de un Ciudadano Canadiense (hijo/nieto)?

Guía Migrar: Nacionalidad Canadiense
¿Cómo solicito nacionalidad canadiense?, ¿qué requisitos tengo que cumplir?, ¿qué derechos me da ser hijo o nieto de canadiense?, ¿cómo inscribo o registro como canadiense a mi hijo?

Guía Migrar: Renovación del permiso de trabajo y residencia
¿Cuándo renuevo la tarjeta de residencia?, ¿qué documentos hay que entregar?, ¿dónde lo tramito?

Guía Migrar: Autorización inicial del permiso de trabajo y residencia
¿Cómo obtengo el permiso de trabajo?, ¿cuáles son los pasos a seguir?, ¿cómo debe ser el contrato?, ¿dónde lo tramito?
Guía Migrar: Matrimonio y pareja de hecho
¿Puedo casarme en Canada estando en situación irregular?, ¿qué derechos me da?, ¿es lo mismo ser pareja de hecho?, ¿cómo tramitar el permiso comunitario?

Guía Migrar: Visados
¿Cómo obtengo un visado?, ¿dónde los tramito?, ¿cómo se tramita una carta de invitación?, ¿qué necesito para un visado de trabajo?

Guía Migrar: Régimen jurídico aplicable a familiares de ciudadanos comunitarios
¿Qué familiares de comunitarios se benefician de este régimen?, ¿Qué derechos tienen estos familiares?, ¿Cuál es el procedimiento para obtener la residencia?, ¿qué sucede si me divorcio de un ciudadano comunitario?
Guía Migrar: Derechos de las personas en situación irregular
¿Qué es estar en situación irregular?, ¿cómo puedo empadronarme?, ¿tengo derecho a la tarjeta sanitaria?, ¿puedo acceder a las ayudas sociales?

Guía Migrar: Estudiantes extranjeros
¿Cómo tramitar el permiso de estudiante?, ¿puedo trabajar estando como estudiante?, ¿puedo traer a mis familiares siendo estudiante?, ¿puedo solicitar la nacionalidad?

Guía Migrar: Sanciones
¿Cómo debo actuar cuando la policía me detiene?, ¿cómo es el procedimiento de una expulsión?, ¿qué implica una orden de expulsión?, ¿cómo puedo recuperar mi pasaporte si la policía lo ah retenido?
Guía Migrar: Cómo trabajar por cuenta propia
¿Qué permisos necesito para ser un trabajador autónomo?, ¿cómo me doy de alta?, ¿cómo renuevo un permiso por cuenta propia?
Guía Migrar: Nuevo supuesto de nacionalidad para hijos/as y nietos/as de Canadienses
¿Cómo se solicita?, ¿quiénes podrán solicitarla?, ¿cuáles son los requisitos?
Guía Migrar: Reagrupación familiar
¿Cómo se realiza la reagrupación?, ¿a quienes puedo reagrupar?, ¿puedo reagrupar a un familiar que se encuentra en Canada?
Guía Migrar: Plan de retorno voluntario
¿Quiénes pueden solicitarlo?, ¿cómo se solicita?, ¿cómo se hace el pago?
Guía Migrar: Tiempos fuera de Canada
¿Cuánto tiempo puede estar fuera de Canada con una autorización de residencia temporal? ¿Cuánto tiempo puede estar fuera de Canada con una autorización de residencia permanente?

Pretende informar y asesorar  a inmigrantes y, sobre todo, a las propias personas inmigradas. Con información y publicaciones básicas sobre entrada, estancia, residencia, indocumentados, trabajo y nacionalidad, entre otros.

Student placements and working holiday schemes

Each year, more than 130,000 students come from abroad to study in Canada. Most international students will require a Study Permit to study in Canada, however, there are some exceptions. A Study Permit is not required in the following circumstances:

  • For a course or program with a duration of six months or less.
  • For a minor child already in Canada, whose parents have legal status in Canada, other than Visitor Status.
  • For the family or staff of a foreign representative to Canada. 

Working in Canada as an International Student:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada allows International Students to work in Canada in limited situations. Students are required to arrive in Canada with sufficient money to live and pay their bills while studying. However, in some cases, a student may be able to work in Canada during the course of study:

  • On campus without a Work Permit;
  • Off campus with a Work Permit;
  • In Co-op and Internship Programs, where work experience is part of the curriculum, with a Work Permit.


Student placements and working holiday schemes in Canada

1. Student Work Abroad Schemes

This is how most young people from other countries get to have a working holiday in Canada. Unlike the Australian programme; these programmes require that foreigners are either full-time university students, or have recently graduated.

2. Live-in Caregiver Program

Caregivers are people who are qualified to care independently for children, elderly or the disabled. There are some requirements you have to meet in order to participate in this programme.

You must have the equivalent of a Canadian high school education.
You need to have six months of full-time training or 12 months of full-time paid working experience in the field or occupation that is related to the live-in caregiver job you are looking for. The paid work experience must include six months of continuous employment with one employer. Examples of relevant fields are early childhood education, geriatric care, paediatric nursing and first aid. Your experience must have been gained within the three years prior to your application.
You must be able to speak, read and understand either English or French.
The work visa will be for one year and must be renewed for the next year before it expires. To renew it the employer must provide a signed contract showing the job as a live-in caregiver is being offered for another year.

3. Working Holiday Programmes

Working holiday visas usually involve age restrictions. Some are for university students only while others are employer specific and work more like a temporary work visa. Canada has different agreements with different countries. In general, such visas are restricted to 18-30-year-olds. Quebec has its own agreements with particular countries, especially Belgium and France.

Visit for mor information