Canadian Labour Market information
Here are some good web sites to get you started in finding labour market information :
- WorkFutures provides profiles of nearly 200 occupations that describe typical duties, working conditions, salary ranges and advancement opportunities as well as required characteristics and education.
- The Industry Training Authority has occupational information on the opportunities in trades occupations, including information on training and certification requirements.
- The BC Workinfonet has on-line information and resources on career planning and education.
- The Canada Career Consortium’s Workapedia website provides one-stop access to industry sector council resources. Sector councils bring together representatives from business, labour, education and other professional groups to analyze and address sector-wide human resource issues.
- The Government of Canada website has links to national sources of labour market information such as Industry Canada and Statistics Canada. For example, here are links to federal government labour market bulletins for B.C. regions:
- Lower Mainland/Southwest
- Vancouver Island and Coast
- Southern Interior
- Northern BC