How to qualify for professional practice in Ontario

First your training has to meet Ontario’s standards. You need to have your training assessed when you are:

1) Getting licensed
To be licensed to work in Ontario, you need to meet the standards of your profession or trade. Many professions and trades set standards for their members. Some will assess your education for you. Others may accept assessments from other organizations.

You need to contact the regulating body for your trade or profession to find out about their standards.

2) Evaluating your education
If you need further education, you will need to have your education assessed.

3) Looking for a job
You may need to have your education assessed to work in Ontario. The Government of Ontario has funded World Education Services Canada to assess your education and skills and many private companies like Hineni  help through in the process too.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: