The following information applies to those persons who will be doing charitable or religious work seeking to enter Canada. Applications are fee exempt.

the Religious nonimmigrant visa category provides a specific nonimmigrant visa category for temporary religious workers who, before, had to enter Canada under other visa categories. The Religious nonimmigrant religious worker visa category is for:

an alien, and the spouse and children of the alien if accompanying or following to join the alien who (i) for the two years immediately preceding the time of application for admission, has been a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit, religious organization in Canada; and (ii) seeks to enter Canada for a period not to exceed 3 years to perform the work described in subclause  or paragraph which is work in a religious vocation or occupation.

The Religious nonimmigrant visa category provides a distinct visa category for ministers of religion, professional workers serving in religious vocations and occupations and for other religious workers who are employed by religious, non-profit organizations or related tax-exempt entities as defined by sections of Canadian  Revenue Code.

To qualify for the Religious nonimmigrant visa category, the foreign national must have been a member of the religious denomination in Canada for two (2) – years preceding the petition. The foreign national must be coming to Canada to carry on the vocation of minister of religion, work at the organization’s request in a religious vocation or occupation in a professional capacity or work for such qualifying organization in a religious vocation or religious occupation.

The extent to which a particular position is a “religious vocation” or “religious occupation” that serves a “traditional religious function” within an organization is expanded upon in the regulations. However, for the creative practitioner, the regulations should be viewed merely as guidelines and not as mandates.

If you are a national of a country whose citizens require a temporary resident visa then you should include your passport when submitting your documentation. If you do not require a visa, a photocopy will suffice.

All applicants must submit the following documents:

1.  Application form – Each applicant must submit a fully completed and signed application FORM  which should include a day time telephone number. Please write Charitable Worker  at the top right corner of your application. A separate application form is required if your spouse wishes to apply for an open work permit. Please refer to the Worker Section home page.

2.  Photographs – Two passport sized photographs of yourself. Please write your name on the back.

3.  Offer of Employment – This should be an official up-to-date letter from a Canadian non-profit, religious or registered charitable organisation showing the charity registration number and indicating your job title, duties, salary (if any) and dates of employment. Note: email are not acceptable.

4.  Detailed CV.

Please consult us for  help or more information on police certificates and criminality.

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: