How do I come to Canada as a Temporary Worker?

How do I come to Canada as a Temporary Worker?

Temporary workers require employment authorization in order to work legally in Ontario. In most cases, employment authorization is issued by an immigration officer after Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) approves a job offer. Visitors can only work legally in Canada as foreign temporary workers if they have obtained employment authorization before coming to Canada. They must apply for employment authorization at a visa office outside of Canada. Usually, the process involves the following steps:

  1. An employer must first offer you a job. The employer intending to hire a foreign worker submits a job offer to the Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) office closest to the location where the work will take place.
  2. The HRSDC foreign worker counsellor will examine the job offer to consider whether the job might easily be filled from within the domestic workforce. HRDC must normally provide a labour market opinion or ‘confirmation’ of your job offer.
  3. After HRSDC confirms that a foreign national may fill the job, you apply to CIC for your work permit. The HRSDC foreign worker counsellor will communicate his or her opinion

    – to the employer, if it is negative
    – to the CIC point of service where the worker is applying for the employment authorization, if it is positive (called a “validation”)

The employment authorization is valid only for one job and for the stated period of time. Temporary workers cannot change jobs without first having their authorization amended. They cannot normally stay in Canada legally or apply for permanent resident status after their authorized period of stay has expired.

You cannot immigrate with a work permit. If you want to come and live in Canada as a permanent resident based on your work skills or experience, see if you qualify for the Skilled Worker Program.

  1. respected sir,
    i am chandresh akola from india.i want to apply foreign temporary workers for canada so pls tell me what i should do for this and when i will start my visa process and how?
    pls tell me in brief.i hope positive and prompt replay from your side.

  2. hello sir hi i am indian agent my company name iskcon emploment pless send detail unskilled forigen employ i am intersted and i send worker detail all packing worker my company supply send me detail thanks ok buy buy

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: